Make Vodka Gummy Bears
Soaking gummy bears in vodka creates an adult twist on a popular snack, and some mighty tipsy bears! You can also use other gummy candies, like worms, in the recipe. And just like people, expect the bears to swell slightly as they soak up that vodka. (Expect the bears to have a hangover the next day, too).
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 days
Total time: 2-3 days
1. Place the gummy bears into a glass bowl
Place the gummy bears into a glass bowl.
2. Pour just enough vodka into the bowl to cover the gummy bears completely
Pour just enough vodka into the bowl to cover the gummy bears completely.
3. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap
Cover the bowl in plastic wrap. Place the covered bowl in the refrigerator. Allow the gummy bears to infuse for 2 days.
4. Taste a piece of the candy on the second day
Taste a piece of the candy on the second day. Decide if it has sufficient vodka flavor for your liking. If not, then allow the candies to soak for an additional day.
5. Remove the gummy bears from the bowl using a slotted spoon, if needed
Remove the gummy bears from the bowl using a slotted spoon, if needed. The gummy bears will have absorbed most, if not all of the vodka.
6. Serve the gummy bears immediately
Serve the gummy bears immediately. If you have a little bit of leftover vodka, simply pour the vodka into a glass if you want to drink it. Otherwise, discard the vodka–whatever is left over will not be of a quality you’ll want to use for mixed drinks.